Doolin Inn Covid-19 Safety Response
Old traditions in a new world.
We look forward to welcoming you to relax and enjoy our spacious 22 bedroom Inn with gardens in the centre of Doolin, overlooking the village and at the start of the Cliffs of Moher walk. Covid-19 has brought some new challenges, but we are determined more than ever to ensure that our guests’ enjoyment is enhanced, whilst we work a little harder behind the scenes to ensure your health and safety is paramount.
Doolin Inn reopened its doors on Friday 10th July and is focused on low volumes of people by operating at a lower capacity for a more personalised and safe experience. Our evening restaurant also has a separate entrance for a limited number of additional pre-booked reservations of non-residents for evening meals.
Cleanliness, training, and improving a little every day has always been a cornerstone of our family Inn, along with new technologies and best practice guidelines from the HSE, Fáilte Ireland and the Irish Hotel Federation. We have implemented the following Health and Safety measures and new services to ensure our guests, our team, our suppliers, and our family are safe with us.
Here are some of the things we have added:
Check-In & Out
- Prior to arrival, we will communicate via email the details of your reservation, how to check-in, directions, and any news or updated guidelines to help you and make your stay as relaxing as possible. Check-in is from 3pm – 9pm, Check out is 11am.
- Visible markings, Covid-19 information, and signage will guide you safely around our property, and our team will observe social distancing but are ready to lend a helping hand.
- We will provide complimentary personal protective equipment (PPE) for all guests upon request.
- Contactless payment options and email receipts will be encouraged. Where this is not possible, payment terminals will be disinfected before and after each transaction.
- Keys will be disinfected after each stay.
Communal Areas including the restaurant
- We have provided alcohol-based hand sanitiser in all areas of the property.
- We electrostatic sanitize all areas twice daily and after each meal service.
- All common touchpoints including door handles, stair banisters, chairs, and tables are cleaned, sprayed and disinfected multiple times each day.
- We don’t have air conditioning, only fresh Wild Atlantic Air, and extraction fans where needed.
- We thoroughly electrostatic disinfect all bedrooms on check out.
- Our housekeeping team does what they do best, with extra time given to deep clean each room thoroughly to the highest standard.
- Our rooms are tastefully decorated without unnecessary clutter.
- Our guest directory is digitised on an in-room tablet and can be accessed on your smartphone also. It will also give you access to communicate with reception directly if you need assistance.
- All linens are washed at high temperatures and dried on the highest setting.
- We will replenish towels and linens upon request and empty bins every second day.
- Upon request, we have sanitation kits available for extra cleaning that you may like to do after a day out and about. E.g. spray down your hiking stick, or smartphone.
Food & Beverage Service
- Our signature breakfast buffet has been replaced with our “Big Burren Breakfast” with some new twists served to your table. Breakfast is served 8.00am – 10am daily (til 10.30am at weekends).
- Our Coffee Dock with local Anam Coffee will operate from 8am to 9pm. Or you may prefer to refresh with a glass of prosecco or beer on the terrace after a hike.
- Doolin Inn reception also has a small retail section where guests can avail of essential toiletries, sunblock, local interest books, art, and more.
- Packed lunches and our Burren Artisan Picnic service will be available for guests to collect at the Coffee Dock. All items will be packaged. Pre-ordering is required.
- Our evening restaurant will operate Tue to Sat, 5.45pm – 9pm. In house guests are prioritised, walk-ins are welcome, but pre-booking is advised, even a phone call shortly before arrival helps us a lot to space our tables to keep the ambiance. Large tables of 5 or more need to pre-book.
- We will have sanitized menus available, but you will be able to access menus via your smartphone as well.
- Our restaurant by design was always spacious. It is split into 5 dining areas with private dining room options for small groups, enabling two meters between tables with comfort and atmosphere. We also have a private dining room for up to 20 persons and can cater for larger functions when required.
- We are committed to delivering a minimum of 2 meters spacing so that you don’t have to rush, and can relax and enjoy your meal.
- We serve all food and beverages respecting strict food safety procedures.
- All tableware including all used and unused will be removed and disinfected after each party has left.
- Our wonderful team receives ongoing training – keeping up to date with the best practices to keep us all safe. With thanks to Fáilte Ireland (Irish Tourist Board), a comprehensive and enhanced education and training program has been developed specifically for the hospitality industry, which our team adheres to.
- Any local health guidelines around the wearing of Personal Protective Equipment will be strictly adhered to by our teams across all departments from guest services to back-of-house and kitchen.
- A robust handwashing program is in place with all employees required to thoroughly wash their hands after handling any touchpoints or objects.
Local Community Initiatives & Safety Charters
Doolin Inn continues to:
- Support eco-tourism & sustainability.
- Support local businesses & food producers with a focus on local and sustainable produce.
- Participate in local community initiatives as members of the Burren Ecotourism Network & Doolin Tourism.
- Commit to the Covid-19 Safety Charters set out by the Burren Ecotourism Network and Doolin Tourism, in line with WHO and HSE guidelines.
- Commit to the Fáilte Ireland Covid-19 Safety Charter.
Bookings, Deposits & Cancellations
We are determined to keep our prices the same as last year (or better!) and are committed to adding value to all stays for our guests when they Book Direct. Whilst we hope that your travel arrangements will not be disrupted as a result of the Covid-19 virus, we are offering 0% deposit policy on leisure bookings (excluding Advance Purchase packages), flexible cancellation terms and are happy to answer any cancellation or postponement queries you may have. For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
All we ask of you
We really hope you enjoy your stay with us. If you can give us advance notice on requests, adhere to reservation times, and look out for your fellow guest, it really helps us.
Hospitality with Covid-19 is a new experience for us all – if you see anything you are unsure of, or you may have a great idea to help us, please tell us during your stay – we really would appreciate it.
We may be out of hand’s reach, but we will be right beside you if you need anything.
Anthony, Deirdre, and the team