12 Things To Do in Doolin this October Bank Holiday
All counties in Ireland are currently on Level 3 of the Government’s five-level plan, which means that you must stay within your home county until at least the 27th of October 2020. Although you can’t leave your county and a lot of local attractions and indoor cultural venues have had to close during this time, there is still plenty to do and see over the bank holiday weekend this October. The great outdoors awaits you in your home county of Clare, and with hotels being allowed to open to residents only, it’s the perfect time to take a staycation in Clare. We’ve put together 12 things to do in Doolin this October Bank Holiday Weekend for some staycation inspiration!
1. Hike the Cliffs of Moher Walking Trail (guided or self-guided)
2. Visit the Cliffs of Moher
3. Plunge in at Doolin Pier with a morning sea swim
4. Drive around the Burren and take in the sights of the Burren and Cliffs of Moher Geopark, Fanore Beach, Black Head Lighthouse, the Burren Coast Road, and more!
5. Discover the market town of Ennistymon and grab a takeout cheese toastie (delish!) and Burren coffee from Cheese Press Ennistymon
6. Bring your bike and saddle up at Doolin Cycle Hub
7. Catch a sunset at Doolin Pier
8. Surf a wild Atlantic wave at Ben’s Surf Clinic in Lahinch
9. Explore the Caher Valley Loop
10. For the Heritage and History Buffs! Discover the Celtic High Crosses at Kilfenora, Poulnabrone Dolmen, Doonagore Castle, Corcomroe Abbey, and more!
11. Take in the panoramic views at Doolin Pier, Doonagore Castle, the Burren Coast Road, and Corkscrew Hill
12. Get some Christmas shopping done early with a visit to the local makers and crafters around Doolin and the Burren
And remember… #StaySafe