Direction from Dublin Airport
(Allow 3.5 hours driving)
- Leave Dublin Airport in the direction of the M1 (Signposted Dublin)
- Exit the M1 at junction 1 and exit onto the M50 (Southbound)
- Exit the M50 at junction 7 and take the Exit for the M4 (Sligo, Westport, Galway)
- At auction 11, exit the M4 onto the M6 to Galway
- At junction 20 Kilcolgan, exit onto the N18
- As you approach the Kilcolgan Village, take the first left N67 for Ballyvaughan.
- Follow the Wild Atlantic Way signs, turning right at Ballyvaughan to take the coast road. (The more scenic route around Blackhead.)
- 15 miles (25km) later, follow the Wild Atlantic Way signs – passing Doolin Cave and driving down into Doolin village. Doolin Inn is in the second part of the village nearer the sea – about 1mile (1.5km) from the local church which you pass as you come into Doolin.
- Doolin Inn will be on your left, overlooking Fisher Street – about 200 meters before O’Connors Pub
- Leave the airport on the N19 in the direction of Galway and Ennis – then exit onto M18 (Galway)At junction 12 exit M18 towards Ennistymon on the N85
- This is a ring road around the town of Ennis with a number of roundabouts. Keep following the signs for N85 Ennistymon
- Drive straight through the town of Ennistymon (the N85 turns into the N67) in the direction of Lisdoonvarna
- After about 6 miles (9km), turn left on the R478 – the 4th intersection – and travel in the direction of Doolin /Cliffs of Moher
- In approximately 2.5miles (4km), you will come to an intersection with the Aran View Filing Station. Turn right to travel down the hill
- At the bottom of the hill you will be in Doolin. Turn left at the intersection (Fisher Street / Doolin Pier)
- Carry on for 400m and you’ll see Doolin Inn on your left – 200 meters before O’Connors Pub.